Sunday, November 25, 2012

Irony (or something like it)


It isn't hard to find irony in life.  I am probably using the definition incorrectly, but I care little.  People call it ironic, so that's good enough for me.  If it has become cliche, too bad.

I started watching the first season of Game of Thrones, and like all good TV shows it has its own tag line--"winter is coming"  Nothing wrong with that.  It's probably good for the show, and good for people watching it.  It would bother me less if they didn't say it every ten seconds. but that's television for you.

The irony is that I just started watching it on Friday night, and I have only gotten through the first four episodes (six more to go). "Winter is coming.  Winter is coming."  Of course it is, and that's why I woke up on Saturday with a yard full of snow.  I guess winter is here. 

I don't recall anyone calling for snow on the weather forecast, and I certainly didn't read about it in the paper (and that includes the horoscope section).  Granted, I wasn't really paying attention on Friday morning--last day of work for the week, black Friday nonsense, and all that.

I really shouldn't complain (though I didn't get all my raking done).  The stores have already decorated for Christmas, so why shouldn't the planet get in on the act as well.  Dress it up for the holidays.  Christmas is only one month away.  If only there was hockey on TV.

5 comments:

  1. ok, I'd prefer to hear 'winter is coming' every ten seconds than feel our summer here, but it's true, they say too much those words on the program.

    and yes, here all its already decorated for Christmas too. I can't stand it, they should decorate just in the Christmas week. It makes turn it to fake for me, in the end of october I saw some places decorated...

    Although 'winter is coming' are you enjoying Game of Thrones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying Game of Thrones--though, I am not really a fantasy reader. The TV show is pretty good--and I heard that the second season is better because it has a bigger budget and has more effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the second season is better, for sure, but you will feel frustrated and agonized about some events in all the episodes. So prepare yourself because... winter is really coming! :D (I couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should explain that I have only read the first two books. I also read some information about the TV series and how from season two it goes in a different direction than the books.... we will see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't tell me about the Game of Throne books...
      my girlfriend bought those books in Indigo Store at Eaton Centre and the half of the books were stolen in some airport maybe at Panama City or Brazil, we have no idea. I think she finished the first book while we were in Canada and she was reading the second, but they stole the second and the third, or the third and the fourth I don't know exactly now. Can you imagine her frustration and anger? I think you can.

      now talking about something good... I found an album on Flickr which has about 4500 photos of all the Canada and now I'm addicted to this album, I'm seeing almost all the photos, maybe jumping 2 or 3 and I'm already on the page 7! It's unbeliavable how it became and addiction for me.
      Professional photographers of all the Canada took those pictures. And now I am really interested about a city in Alberta called Canmore, really beautiful.

      check it out:
      http://www.flickr.com/groups/canadabeach/poo

      Delete