Wednesday, November 7, 2012

When They Put You on Hold....


I thought we lived in a high tech world.  We have computers the size of a chocolate bar that can do more than a room full of them used to do.  We can watch TV anywhere on the planet.  All of this is done by huge telecommunication companies.

So, why is it that when you call these companies, you have to listen to terrible, poorly recorded music when they put you on hold?  Why do they subject us to this stuff when they have power over the lines?  Since they own the lines, they should be able to offer us some choice.  Why can't I choose the music I listen to?  Press one for Jazz.  Press two for blues.  Press three for pop.  (you get the idea)  Shouldn't that be easy for them to do?  Why is it that they can't apply some of their high tech to themselves?

Every time I get put on hold, I am forced to listen to some horrible music.  The only time I get spared from this is when they  take time out of torturing me to force me to listen to some overly long and brutally boring commercial.  I am not sure which is worse.

We haven't got the jet packs that they promised us, but we did get some pretty crappy hold music.

1 comment:

  1. normally when they put me on hold it plays a Beethoven symphony, hehe, I always enjoy it, it makes me relax for a while until they talk to me and I become stressed back again.

    ReplyDelete