Sunday, October 14, 2012

Winter


 
As if I didn't need another reminder that winter is coming.  The gigantic pile of leaves that I have to rake up should be enough.  Rather than let us think we have some time left before we are waist deep in the white stuff, the flyers for the local stores have to remind me that winter, and the need to shovel all that snow out of the way is nearly upon us.

When I look through the flyers, anticipating some great sale, or some knowledge of a new and wonderful product that will change my life (sadly, neither of those two things ever happen) the last thing I want to come across is a page full of snow shovels, snow blowers, car scrapers and ice melting salt.

Had I come across a more positive winter image (think Santa Clause, or a snowman, or maybe some reindeer) I would still be a little underwhelmed.  Coming across such a bold slap in the face, winter is almost here, advertisement really doesn't sit well with me.  Couldn't we just cancel winter this year, just this once?

No comments:

Post a Comment