Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Deal? Now?


Well, there seems to be an offer on the table to end the lockout of NHL players.  Great!  The sooner the better.  I miss hockey, and would love to see it again. (now I know you're wondering where I am going to go with this.....aren't you?)

The newspapers all mentioned how shrewd a movie this was of Gary Bettman.  Shrewd.  When I read that in several newspapers, it gave me pause to think.  If this was as shrewd as reporters have mentioned, then why are they telling me it is shrewd?  They make it sound like it was underhanded (this is Gary Bettman after all). If this is so shrewd, then if really isn't bargaining in good faith, is it?  Trying to back someone into a corner and forcing a deal on them doesn't really look or sound like a team effort to get people back on the ice.  I guess I am just unclear why bad faith is shrewd?  Shouldn't the papers be trying to find out why this deal is happening now?  Shouldn't these papers be dissecting the deal line by line.

I am already tired of the games, the brinkmanship and everything else that has come with this lockout.  I still can't see the owners side of anything--my view is blocked by those massive contracts they handed out before they had to lock out the players so that they didn't really have to pay for those contracts.

I am not going to follow this in the news until the day it is settled.  Until then, there has to be something on the sports channels. 



No comments:

Post a Comment