Monday, November 11, 2013

No Video No Cry


 
 
The last blockbuster store is closing.  Should I weep?  I don't think so.  They should have seen the writing on the wall.  They should have known their business model was almost finished.  They, along with DVD distribution companies, soaked us long enough.  They had their late fees, and high prices for new releases.  They got their money, they just forgot to get out of the game while the getting was good.

Now we have Netflix, or other semi legal (and semi illegal) options.  There is another option.  The one I use is the library.  The library has lots of DVD's right now.  This may not last forever, but it should be good for a while.  Unfortunately, nobody cleans the DVD's at the library, and people who get things for free don't treat them well.  Why respect anyone property if you don't have to (insert sarcastic indignation here).

What will the future bring?  Good question.  I don't know, but I do know I will not be weeping because Blockbuster didn't adapt to the times.

No comments:

Post a Comment