Thursday, February 14, 2013

Making Life More Difficult


 
 
Sometimes modern electronics are frustrating.  Who thought that charging things up while you are using you computer is in any way easier than plugging them into the wall?  I don't have an unlimited number of USB ports.  I can't plug in everything.

Yes, it isn't difficult.  I agree.  However, every time I unplug the printer to plug in my MP3 player, or my Kobo, or my camera, or any other device, the printer decides to go into test mode and waste my ink spitting out a useless piece of paper.

Basically, it's a pain in the ass.

I have seen iPhone users utilize some kind of wall charger, but that seems to be the exception as opposed to the rule.  Of course, I have also seen a bunch of these people forget their charger in the wall and walk away.  So I guess that really isn't a solution.

I guess, in the future, homes and offices will have USB charging plugs right alongside the electrical outlet.  I am eagerly awaiting that day.

4 comments:

  1. There were a ton on these pictures on the internet, so it must exist. I saw a powerbar with one of them on sale at my store....I should have bought it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should, and talking about USB plugs... In my workplace I'm using a macbook and it has just two USB input/entrance. I'm using and external HD for backup in one USB input, and the other is for the mouse. When I want to put a pendrive there, I have to disconnect the mouse because this laptop has just TWO USB entrance. So, why the hell they manufacture an hyper ultra mega modern laptop and it doesn't has at least 3 USB entrances? Check the macbook pro, space for one more USB entrance is not the problem, I don't know what they think manufacturing it with just 2 entrances.

      Delete
  2. Yes, a modern, high end computer should come with more than two USB slots. There are a lot of things that need to be plugged in, and two slots are certainly not enough.

    ReplyDelete