Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cruel Mother Nature


Oh Mother Nature.  You are a cruel one.  This time, perhaps, you have gone too far.

Today, I awoke to an incredibly warm and sunny day.  Sunny is not unusual, but to be so warm in January only gives us pause to consider.

I heard some people blame this on global warming.  Ah, if only it were that simple.  If only I could find some scientific theory that really accounts for it.  No my friends, this is Mother Nature playing with us.  This is Mother Nature having another laugh at our expense (I was going to write last laugh, but no, this won't be the last time).

All the snow was gone from my front and back yard, revealing all the leaves I wasn't able to pick up before the blanket of snow forgave my lack of gardening ambition.  It was such a cruel reminder that I was shamed into going out and picking up those leaves (in all honesty, these aren't your ordinary leaves, these are more like pods, pods from hell) that littered my yard.  Now, I have a yard waste bag full of leaves that will have to inhabit my garage until the spring.  Oh Mother Nature, why?

Of course, I appreciate the warm day.  I appreciate the chance to have a beer on the deck (maybe fire up that barbeque again).  I appreciate the opportunity to fill my system with vitamin D.  I just fear that you Mother Nature are going to make us pay for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment