Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Do Not Call List


I put myself on the do not call list because I didn't want anyone to call.  What I understood was except for charities and government pollsters, I would be left to go about my business undisturbed.

This does not seem to be the case.  Since going on the do not call list, I have been bothered at least once a week (though often more) by people offering to clean my air ducts.  In fact, as it is Saturday morning, I suspect that one of these calls will happen any minute now.  I can't really express how much this bothers me...though I have tried to express it to these people on a number of times.

I know how she feels
Some of the things that I have done to register my displeasure, beyond swearing, name calling, and other acts of hostility include one of my favourites.  I answered, they asked to speak to me, then I offered to go and get the person they were referring to.  Then I waited a minute and told them to wait a little longer.  I repeated this step for about 10 minutes.  To what end?  Besides personal satisfaction, I probably kept 10 other people from being bothered that day.  Sadly I couldn't stop it from happening another day.

Do any of you have any strategies?  I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment